Beta V2.02 and Firmware 8.7 has been released with many improvements and new functionality.
The new firmware will be downloaded and installed automatically within the next 24h. You can trigger the update manually by restarting the telematics device (unplug for at least 30 seconds).
New function for Prime-Users:
- Start/Stop precondition without app, Tesla calls it "dog-mode", a nice way to keep your vehicle cool while shopping ;-)
Start: ignition needs to be turned on, vehicle in Park: press the steering wheel 'Mute' button 4-times within 5 seconds. If successfully, the turn signal indicator light will flash 'left' - 'right' - 'left' - 'right'. Precondition will start approx. 2 minutes after the doors of the vehicle have been closed.
Stop: 'dog-mode' will be cancelled as soon as the vehicle shifts into Drive or Reverse. If you'd like to cancel manually, turn ignition on and press the steering wheel 'Hang-Up' button 4-times withing 5 seconds. If successfully, the the turn signal indicator light will flash 'left' and 'right' together (like the emergency flasher) two times.
- Door-Unlock with PIN: set a custom 4 digit (alphanumeric) Pin for additional security.
- Door-Lock Status: vehicle door lock status will be shown on status screen
- Charge-Limiter/Timer: in order to prevent any issues with an incorrectly set charge-timer, it should only be set via the app
- additional small fixes and enhancements